Senior Systems Analyst
|Title:||Senior Systems Analyst|
|Location:||Little Rock, AR|
DescriptionJoin the TALISYS team! Talisys is currently searching for a Senior Systems Analyst.
At TALISYS you'll work at a great organization with a fabulous work environment and location. Employees enjoy a fast-paced work environment, outstanding opportunities for professional growth, and a chance to help TALISYS drive innovative solutions for the financial services industry. We have an excellent benefit package, including medical and dental insurance for employees AND their immediate family, paid time off, paid holidays, life insurance, long-term disability, cafeteria plan, 401(k), education assistance, and much more! Visit www.talisystech.com to learn more about TALISYS.
This position will implement application solutions for an enterprise financial services application (TALISYS) serving multiple clients and quality assurance environments. Responsible for maintenance of application servers, optimizing performance, manage system resources, security and system availability.
- Support multiple environments using IIS, Windows Services, Batch and other Microsoft 2003/2008 servers in a VMware environment.
- Install, configure, upgrade and patch Microsoft 2003/2008 Servers for a financial services system.
- Perform backup/recovery, monitoring and performance tuning
- Configure, schedule and implement maintenance jobs (database backup, integrity check, etc.).
- Prepare and maintain operational procedure documentation.
- Develop and define security procedures, administrative controls and monitors user access and maintains file system security.
- Plan and execute major and minor application code upgrades to the enterprise application.
- Allocate systems storage and develops plans for future resource requirements for the application servers.
- Evaluate and assess technologies and new features to determine validity for our software and environment.
- Create work break-down structures and estimates for complex application install processes. Has the ability to confirm the estimates of other systems analysts.
- Create required documentation for projects.
- Work closely with a cross-functional project team(s) throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Work with QA, BA and Client Support teams to resolve high severity client issues.
- Provide on-call support on a scheduled basis
- Mentor others including but not limited to:
- assist in troubleshooting complex issues
- Provide guidance on expected coding and documentation standards
- Walk through TALISYS processes
- Perform automated scripting in power shell or other scripting languages
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize the performance of servers including preparation of periodical metrics.
- Prototype solutions using state-of-the-art technologies and evaluate for efficiency and ease of programming.
- Have in-depth knowledge of several TALISYS modules and the TALISYS Database Architecture and overall TALISYS Architecture.
- Continuous self-education with Microsoft technology and brokerage industry.
- And other duties assigned by management.
- Expert knowledge in MS Server administration as demonstrated by no less than 5 years’ experience working as a senior or lead MS Server Administrator
- Highly skilled in -
- Windows Server 2003/2008
- Microsoft IIS servers
- Reporting Services
- Application code management and deployment
- Application recovery concepts
- Networking fundamentals and concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in information systems or information technology or related field or equivalent experience
- MCSE: Data Platform certification
- Prior experience with SAN Technologies
- VMWARE experience
- Type 25 words a minute for data and configuration entry
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio and Project
EOE Physical/Environmental Characteristics:
Essential duties are performed in a general office work environment and regularly require eight (8) or more hours of sitting at a work station/desk while completing paperwork or using computers, calculators, copiers, fax machines and other business office machines and equipment. Essential duties may also involve: occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, walking, crouching, stooping and lifting up to 30 pounds to stack, store supplies or various office equipment, as directed. Compliance to security and safety procedures, including use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), is required.
We do not accept phone calls related to this posting. This is an internal position and is not open to search firms.
Local Candidates ONLY
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications